Thursday, November 22, 2012

And a time to dance!

Megadim celebrates 30 years of Maale Adummim






This last September, 3 of our 4 kids,Yoav, Maayan, and Daniel started attending an elementary school in our neighborhood. You know you live in Israel when... the Bible is taught in every grade, and no one sues the school district! Thankfully all three kids are doing well there!

 On the 9th of November, the Friday before Operation Pillar of Cloud/Defense started, the school celebrated a very special anniversary, the 30th  year of Maale Adummim.
We were invited to special presentations by the students, including drama, dance performances, a treasure hunt and making pita bread! All the kids at the school did an amazing job, but most outstanding was the performance by the first graders to Psalm 121, Shir LaMaalot. See photo above.

Beyond anything I could expect, children were lifting their hands in worship to the One who made the celebration possible.  Before my eyes was fulfillment of prophecy, by a prophetic people, on the eve of a week where I am sure the words of Psalm 121 were in the hearts and on the lips of many. It was so deeply moving, that words cannot describe the atmosphere there. Many could not keep a dry eye! Myself included.
Many of us sang along, and I was reminded of Deuteronomy 14:2:
For you are a holy people to the Lord your God, and the Lord has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure (Am S'gullah) above all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.

I'm sorry I did not video this, but  enjoy these links to the song they performed:


Daniel  (7) in middle w/orange tie and white balloon

Yoav (11)standing in middle ( he'd rather be holding a guitar)

Maayan (9) making pita

Psalm 121
The Lord the Keeper of Israel.
A Song of Ascents.
121 I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun will not smite you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
The Lord will protect you from all evil;
He will keep your soul.
The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in
From this time forth and forever.

 

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome to see children praising the Holy One of Israel in the street there as it would anywhere and I am very happy to hear you and your family are doing well Ariella. My prayers are continually with you. Over the past year God has begun to fill my heart in abundance with a passion for your land and people. If I could choose to be anywhere in the world right now, it would be Israel without a doubt. I praise the Lord for you Ariella and you may not know this, but you are a blessing to me and my family. Although it seems that the US may be sliding further into darkness, Our family continues to experience the richest blessings of our savior and King. Betina had a baby boy last week (Grayson James Wemken). Brandon also has 2 beautiful children also and is now a firefighter. Benjamin and Bethany are both in the NAVY and moving through the ranks. Bethany just became a Petty Officer and works on fighter jets. Ben is learning to navigate a submarine. I wish you and your family all the best and would really enjoy hearing from you if you have an opportunity to write.

    Dale Wemken
    Dwemken@Gmail.com

    ReplyDelete